PPC-EX6 PLUS Signal Tight Universal F Connector for RG6 Coaxial Cable
SignalTight™ drop connectors for 6 Series cable minimize the number of self installs that become truck rolls. SignalTight™ technology enables signal transmission approaching that of a fully tightened connector, even if left loose.Economical for Use on All RG6 Coaxial Cables with 60%, Tri and Quad-Shield. Now, knowing the Brand, Jacket Type and Percentage of Braided Shield Content doesn't Matter!
Uses the following Tools:
7/16" snap torque wrench
Bandwidth: 0 MHz to 3 GHz
Impedance: 75 Ohms
Return Loss: Minimum -30 dB to 3 GHz
Insertion Loss: Less than .10 dB to 3 GHz
Shielding Effectiveness* (dynamic): Enhanced by 25dB
Operating Temperature: -40°F to +140°F ( -40°C to +60°C)
Cable Retention: 45 lbs (20.41 kg) minimum
Meets or exceeds all SCTE Specificationsmended Tools:
|¼" - ¼" universal cable preparation tool||LDT596-250, DDT59611|
|Compression tool||VT300, CAT-AS-EX|
|7/16" snap torque wrench
preset to 30in-lbs (3.39 N·m).
|TW207, TW 307,
John Mezzaluna and Associates made a Name for themselves in the Cable TV Industry, here's another reason why:
• One connector for 6 Series SCTE specification drop cables including 60% braid, Tri-shield and Quad shield.
• To reduce assembly time and simplify installation, the plastic compression sleeve is incorporated into the connector body.
• True 360° compression onto cable ensures superior RF shielding performance.
• Installation requires one-step 1/4” - 1/4” cable preparation.
• Quad-sealed system prevents moisture migration.
• Incorporates an iridescent chromate finish plus UV resistant plastic to provide a reliable, environmentally sealed product.
• Cable retention exceeds 40 lb. minimum as specified by the SCTE.
After WWII, 75 Ohm cable has been used as the Transmission Line of Choice for TV, Cable TV and Broadband Signals, Distribution Systems large and small, simply because of its plentiful abundance. As the Industry progressed, It seems there were 10 times as many Connectors as there was Coaxial Cable types, each requiring a Proprietary style of Tool to Fashion the connection with. Most Folks We know stick to using the Connector style that they were introduced to, and the Manufacturer, Make and Model that they have invested in via the Compression or Crimp Tool they own. Whereas before, when each manufactured cable type introduced was paired up with a specific Model Connector from one or several different Manufacturers, many have now settled on providing Connectors whose Braid, Shield and Jacket coverage range is broader in scope, encompassing the designed ability to fit many variations of a particular sized cable. Becoming Universal certainly has its advantages... And RG6 is now the minimum size recommended for any HDTV Satellite, Off-Air DTV or Satellite TV Install. So please consider a transitional investment towards the Universal RG6 Compression Connectors and Universal Compression Tools we offer, as the sourcing of those out-dated Connectors becomes more difficult!